DRESS ATTIRE: Black leather-patent Tap shoes for beginning levels, shoelaces must be replaced with elastic. Older students, black soft leather tap shoes, no ties. Tan or pink tights and a solid colored leotard.
* Jazz: Tan leather jazz shoes, no ties. Tan or pink tights with convertible or stirrup feet, and a solid colored leotard.
* Ballet: Pink leather ballet slippers secured by elastic. Strings must be adjusted, tied, and tucked into ballet slippers. Pink tights and a solid colored leotard without a skirt attached.
* Ballroom/Latin: Comfortable clothing. Shoes must have clean soles and should not be worn on the street. Women- high heel shoes or flats, men- black dress shoes. We suggest leather or suede sole shoes.
* Boys: Plain T-shirt, black dance pants/sweat pants, black tap, ballet, and jazz shoes.
- For each class students must have hair pulled off of neck and pony tail and braids must be secured to head.
- Prefer a bun.
* Please no street shoes on the dance floor.
DROP OFF & PICK UP
* Students should not arrive to the studio more than 10 minutes prior to class in their dance attire and should be picked up promptly following class. Students should be attended to prior to the scheduled class start time and at the scheduled dismissal time of each class by the parent. Parents should come inside the studio to get their child promptly at class dismissal time in order to ensure for smooth transitions between classes. If you are late picking up your child please pick up your child in the classroom.
* Visitors are not allowed inside the dance room to watch their child during a normal week in order to allow our dancers to fully concentrate. We hold two performances a year in order to watch your child’s progress.
STUDIO CALENDAR/ SNOW DAYS
* Fall classes begin Monday, September 12th, 2016. The studio will be closed during the following holidays and, or snow days in accordance with East Lansing Public Schools:
Labor Day | Halloween Night | Thanksgiving | Christmas Break | Spring Break | Memorial Day
Thanksgiving Break: November 23rd-25th
Winter Break: December 19th-January 2nd
Spring Break: April 3rd-7th
TUiTION & RECITAL
* The Fall Semester runs from September through May (9 months). The Summer Semester runs from June through August. We do not refund for classes dancers miss. We ask that students commit to the entire 9 months. We hold two recitals twice a year, December TBA, 2015 & June 10, 2016. Recitals are optional but encouraged.
(December TBA, 2016)
The December recital fee is $75 for one child, and $35 for each additional. This includes 4 recital tickets per family and a rental costume which students must return to the Winter Recital Costume Closet following the performance. A $30 fee will be charged to for all costumes returned after the performance. Please bring a change of clothes for after the show. The show will be held on December TBAth at TBApm at East Lansing Hannah Community Center Auditorium. Dress rehearsal is at East Lansing Hannah Community Center Auditorium on December TBAth, 11:00-12:45pm prior to the show at 1:00pm. Please drop your child off at 10:45am with the backstage volunteer that is assigned to your child's group the day of the show.
(May 19th, 2017 at 7pm)
The May 19th recital includes two fees, a recital fee and costume fee. The Recital fee covers recital ticket cost, auditorium rental, light/sound technicians, props, etc. We do not sell recital tickets. This fee covers unlimited recital tickets to the show. Recital fee for one child is $75, family rate is $80. Student’s keep the costumes for the Spring show. Costume fee for the Spring Recital is due by October 30th.
* Lesson fees are NOT REFUNDABLE OR TRANSFERABLE. Tuition is due the first day of each month. Please see schedule for monthly rates. Fall semester is a 9 commitment through May.
* (A $10 late fee will be charged to you account if payment is not received in full during the 7th day of every month. A $30 late fee will be charged on returned checks.)
* Ballroom classes and workshops do not apply to yearly payment plan.
SPRING RECITAL Dress REhearsal
(May 18th, 2017 at 5:45pm)
PRIVATE & SEMI-PRIVATE LESSONS
* Available for an additional cost. Contact your instructor for additional information and availability.