* Tap: Black leather patent tap shoes for beginning levels, shoes laces must be replaced with elastic. Older students, black soft leather tap shoes, oxford style tie up. Tan or pinks tights and solid colored leotard.
* Jazz: Tan leather jazz shoes, no ties. Tan or pink tights with convertible or stirrup feet, and a solid colored leotard.
* Ballet/Pre-pointe: Pink leather ballet slippers secured by elastic. Strings must be adjusted, tied, and cut. Pink tights and a solid colored leotard.
* Ballroom/Latin: Comfortable clothing. Shoes must have clean soles and should not be worn on the street. Women- high heel shoes or flats, men- black dress shoes. We suggest leather or suede sole shoes.
* Boys: Plain T-shirt, black dance pants/sweat pants, black tap, ballet, and jazz shoes.
For each class students must have hair pulled off of neck and pony tail and braids must be secured to head.
Prefer a bun.
* Please no street shoes on the dance floor. Your child's name should be written inside each shoe. Please show young children where there name is written.
Pointe & Pre-Pointe
Our team of pointe teachers evaluate each student individually to go on pointe. Below we have listed some criteria we are looking for.
Students must be 11 years or older
Must have 3 consecutive years of ballet training
Must come to to ballet technique classes 1x a week in addition to pre-point or pointe classes
Pre-pointe is require before Pointe.
If a student is coming from another studio and already on pointe they will be evaluated and redirected as necessary.
Must have sufficient strength to do the follow:
Hold turn-out while dancing, show proper allignment, foot/leg strength and flexibility in feet, use plie while dancing, keep heels forward toward the big toe (no sickling), point feet while dancing without being reminded, pique passe with a straight let, be able to do 32 releve in the center without ankles wiggling, hold passe on demi pointe, student must be in good health.
Ballet is a prerequisite to take this class.
DROP OFF & PICK UP
* Students should not arrive to the studio more than 10 minutes prior to class in their dance attire and should be picked up promptly following class. Students should be attended to prior to the scheduled class start time and at the scheduled dismissal time of each class by the parent. Parents should come inside the studio to get their child promptly at class dismissal time in order to ensure for smooth transitions between classes. If you are late picking up your child please pick up your child in the classroom.
* Visitors are not allowed inside the dance room to watch their child during a normal week in order to allow our dancers to fully concentrate. We hold a annual performances in order to watch your child’s progress.
STUDIO CALENDAR/ SNOW DAYS 2019-2020
* Fall classes begin Monday, September 9th, 2019. The studio will be closed during the following holidays and, or snow days in accordance with East Lansing Public Schools:
Labor Day | Halloween Night | Thanksgiving | Christmas Break | Spring Break | Memorial Day
Halloween: October 31st
Thanksgiving Break: November 27th-29th
Winter Break: December 23rd-January 3rd
Spring Break: April 3rd-10th
Spring Recital: May 21st, 2020
TUiTION & RECITAL
* The Fall Semester runs from September through May 21st. The Summer Semester runs from June through August. We do not refund for classes dancers miss. We ask commit to the entire dance season. We do not factor in to tuition holiday breaks. The monthly payment plan is based on 9 equal payments. Spring Recital is mandatory and will be held on Thursday, May 21st at 7pm.
(May 21st, 2020 at 7pm)
The May 21st recital includes two fees, a recital fee and costume fee. The Recital fee covers the cost of 4 recital ticket, auditorium rental, light/sound technicians, props, etc. Additional tickets may be purchased in May for $10 each. Recital fee for one child is $75, family rate is $85. Student’s keep the costumes for the Spring show. Costume fee for the Spring Recital is due by October 30th.
* Lesson fees are NOT REFUNDABLE OR TRANSFERABLE. Tuition is due the first day of each month. Please see schedule for payment plans. Fall semester is a full season commitment September through May.
* (A $10 late fee will be charged to you account if payment is not received in full during the 7th day of every month. A $30 late fee will be charged on returned checks.)
* Ballroom classes do not apply to yearly payment plan.
StuDIO Dress Rehearsal
Tuesday, May 19th, 2020
SPRING RECITAL Dress REhearsal
Wednesday, May 20th, 2020 at 5:45pm
Thursday, May 21st, 2020 at 7pm)
PRIVATE & SEMI-PRIVATE LESSONS
* Available for an additional cost. Contact your instructor for additional information and availability.