* Tap: Black leather patent tap shoes for beginning levels, shoes laces must be replaced with elastic. Older students, black soft leather tap shoes, oxford style tie up. Tan or pinks tights and solid colored leotard.
* Jazz: Tan leather jazz shoes, no ties. Tan or pink tights with convertible or stirrup feet, and a solid colored leotard.
* Ballet/Pre-pointe: Pink leather ballet slippers secured by elastic. Strings must be adjusted, tied, and cut. Pink tights and a solid colored leotard.
* Ballroom/Latin: Comfortable clothing. Shoes must have clean soles and should not be worn on the street. Women- high heel shoes or flats, men- black dress shoes. We suggest leather or suede sole shoes.
* Boys: Plain T-shirt, black dance pants/sweat pants, black tap, ballet, and jazz shoes.
For each class students must have hair pulled off of neck and pony tail and braids must be secured to head.
Prefer a bun.
* Please no street shoes on the dance floor. Your child's name should be written inside each shoe. Please show young children where there name is written.
Pointe & Pre-Pointe
Our team of pointe teachers evaluate each student individually to go on pointe. Below we have listed some criteria we are looking for.
Students must be 11 years or older
Must have 3 consecutive years of ballet training
Must come to to ballet technique classes 1x a week in addition to pre-point or pointe classes
Pre-pointe is require before Pointe.
If a student is coming from another studio and already on pointe they will be evaluated and redirected as necessary.
Must have sufficient strength to do the follow:
Hold turn-out while dancing, show proper allignment, foot/leg strength and flexibility in feet, use plie while dancing, keep heels forward toward the big toe (no sickling), point feet while dancing without being reminded, pique passe with a straight let, be able to do 32 releve in the center without ankles wiggling, hold passe on demi pointe, student must be in good health.
Ballet is a prerequisite to take this class.
DROP OFF & PICK UP
* Students should not arrive to the studio more than 10 minutes prior to class in their dance attire and should be picked up promptly following class. Students should be attended to prior to the scheduled class start time and at the scheduled dismissal time of each class by the parent. Parents should come inside the studio to get their child promptly at class dismissal time in order to ensure for smooth transitions between classes. If you are late picking up your child please pick up your child in the classroom.
* Visitors are not allowed inside the dance room to watch their child during a normal week in order to allow our dancers to fully concentrate. We hold a annual performances in order to watch your child’s progress.
STUDIO CALENDAR/ SNOW DAYS 2018-2019
* Fall classes begin Monday, September 10th, 2018. The studio will be closed during the following holidays and, or snow days in accordance with East Lansing Public Schools:
Labor Day | Halloween Night | Thanksgiving | Christmas Break | Spring Break | Memorial Day
Thanksgiving Break: November 20th-22nd
Winter Break: December 24th-January 4th
Spring Break: April 1st-5th
Spring Recital: May 17th, 2019
TUiTION & RECITAL
* The Fall Semester runs from September through May. The Summer Semester runs from June through August. We do not refund for classes dancers miss. We ask commit to the entire dance season. Spring Recital is mandatory and will be held on Friday, May 17th at 7pm.
(May 17th, 2019 at 7pm)
The May 17th recital includes two fees, a recital fee and costume fee. The Recital fee covers recital ticket cost, auditorium rental, light/sound technicians, props, etc. We do not sell recital tickets. This fee covers unlimited recital tickets to the show. Recital fee for one child is $75, family rate is $85. Student’s keep the costumes for the Spring show. Costume fee for the Spring Recital is due by October 30th.
* Lesson fees are NOT REFUNDABLE OR TRANSFERABLE. Tuition is due the first day of each month. Please see schedule for payment plans. Fall semester is a full season commitment September through May.
* (A $10 late fee will be charged to you account if payment is not received in full during the 7th day of every month. A $30 late fee will be charged on returned checks.)
* Ballroom classes do not apply to yearly payment plan.
StuDIO Dress Rehearsal
(May 15th, 2019 )
SPRING RECITAL Dress REhearsal
(May 16th, 2019 at 5:45pm)
PRIVATE & SEMI-PRIVATE LESSONS
* Available for an additional cost. Contact your instructor for additional information and availability.